PRP Treatment for Hair Loss
Hair loss is a prime concern for many men and women these days – whether it is genetic, due to stress, bad haircare or any medical condition. But with advances in the field and adequate research, various new techniques have cropped up in the market which can combat the condition with ease. Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP, is showing impressive results in reversing hair loss.
What is PRP?
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy is new and exciting, the non-surgical concept of regenerative medicine to stimulate natural hair growth.
- The primary purpose of using PRP in hair restoration is to stimulate inactive hair follicles into an active growth phase as PRP contains many growth factors essential for hair growth.
- It is also referred to as ‘Vampire’ or ‘Dracula’ therapy; as it involves blood being taken from patient’s own body, processed and then re-injected directly back into patient’s scalp.
- C&S Clinic has introduced this revolutionary and innovative, non-surgical hair restoration therapy.
How does PRP work?
- PRP therapy is a promising treatment option to promote hair growth.
- PRP contains special cells called Platelets that cause the growth of the hair follicles by stimulating the stem cells located in the dermal papilla as well as other structures of the hair follicles.
- The primary purpose of using PRP in hair restoration is to stimulate inactive or newly implanted hair follicles into an active growth phase.
- So what you get after this therapy is ‘Better and Faster’ growth rate of your hair.
It is a very simple, half-an-hour lunch-time procedure and you can join your work immediately after the treatment.
- First blood is drawn from your vein like you give blood for any other blood test.
- Then this blood is processed and centrifuged and PRP is separated from the rest of the blood.
- Finally, under topical anaesthesia, PRP is injected into the scalp using dermaroller or microneedling.
Who can take PRP therapy?
- It works best in patients with thinning hair and is equally effective in both men and women.
- It can be combined with hair transplant
- It not only helps in healthier and faster growth of transplanted hair but also stimulates the existing thinning hair at the same time.
- PRP is also very useful in Female pattern hair loss as women tend to lose their hair all over the scalp, so PRP therapy is an effective alternative to hair transplant.
- The treatment requires about eight sittings, each two weeks apart for best results.
- Patients will soon see a fuzz of hair after the fourth sitting.
- The treatment not only promotes hair growth but also strengthens hair follicles.
- It is quite a safe procedure without any side-effects.
- Since it involves drawing out blood and multiple needle pricks, it may seem uncomfortable and scary but a numbing cream is used prior to the procedure to reduce the discomfort.