As we age there is reduction in the production of building blocks of skin like collagen and elastin, as a result our skin starts losing its elasticity and starts becoming loose and thin, producing wrinkles and jowls, thus giving us an old look.
Facelift technically known as rhytidectomy is a procedure performed to give a more youthful appearance to the face by removing excess facial skin and tightening underlying facial tissues.
It tightens loose hanging skin around the jawline, also known as “jowls”. It also removes deep creases around the mouth and nose and excess hanging skin and fat under the chin and the neck.
Carve and Sculpt clinic provides with all the types of facelift surgery in Gurgaon. We examine the patient and help them choose the best option depending upon their requirement. Sometimes a single procedure is enough whereas sometimes a combination of procedures are required to get the desired results.
Before And After
Below are the type of facelifts to choose from:-
Facelift surgery is usually done as an outpatient procedure. It may involve a local anesthetics and sedatives or general anesthesia.
The procedure can take from 2 to 5 hours, and the person can normally go home on the same day after surgery.
In a traditional facelift, the surgeon makes an incision in front of the ear, extending up into the hair or hairline as well as behind the ear into the hair-bearing scalp.
The surgeon lifts the skin off the deeper facial muscles and fat, gently pulls the skin in an upward and posterior direction, and removes the excess skin. They may tighten the deeper tissues of the face.
A small incision, or cut, may be made under the chin to tighten the skin and deeper tissue of the neck. This is known as a neck lift.
The incisions are then closed with sutures and possibly staples. A drain may be placed under the skin behind the ear for one or two days, to remove any excess blood and fluids. Bandages are applied.
- A thread facelift is a convenient, less invasive alternative to traditional facelifts, designed for people experiencing early signs of aging, such as facial sagging.
- This innovative facelift procedure can be performed in just one hour, often without anesthesia.
- Special threads are used during this facelift to discreetly hold repositioned skin and facial tissue in place after surgery.
- A thread lift utilizes tiny surgical sutures to lift and support the droopy areas of the brow, cheeks, face and neck.
- Threads have tiny, teeth-like (barb-like) cogs that will grasp on to and lift the soft tissues.
- Experience has shown that duration and the degree of improvement varies, depending on the age of the patient at the time of the Thread Lift procedure, the degree of sagging, and the number of threads used. Many patients elect to proceed to cosmetic surgery after the thread lift effects have diminished.
How Is It Done
- The thread lift is performed under local anesthesia.
- The procedure usually takes less than 60 to 90 minutes.
- During a thread facelift, the cosmetic surgeon inserts thin threads into the face through tiny incisions made in the targeted area.
- The threads are inserted in precise locations using a long needle, and once inserted under the skin, they open in an umbrella like fashion to form a support structure that gently lifts and repositions the tissues into a more vertical and youthful position.
- With the lift effect secured, the needle is removed, the end of the thread is cut and knotted, allowing it to retract deep under the skin where it cannot be felt or seen.
- The cogs do the work of holding, by being fixated to tissue as they are softly contoured into place.
- Almost immediately, treated areas will be raised slightly, eliminating sagging and giving patients a rejuvenated appearance.
- Once in position, the body generates new collagen bundles that surround each thread to maintain the lifting effect.
- The non-absorbable threads stay within the deep tissues and provide support.
- Once the threads are knotted, they become hidden within the skin itself.
- Patients are able to go home soon after the procedure.
Liquid Facelift (with Botox and dermal fillers)
The liquid facelift uses injectables known as dermal fillers, along with Botox, to help plump up, relax, and fill in the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles. It also can restore youthful volume to the face, reduce sagging of the skin by filling it up from the inside, and re-contour drooping facial features or hollow eyes. It is one of the latest anti-aging trends in non-invasive cosmetic procedures and is touted as a less expensive and less risky alternative to a traditional facelift.
HIFU Facelift (Ultherapy)
High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a relatively new cosmetic treatment for skin tightening that some consider a noninvasive and painless replacement for face lifts. It uses ultrasound energy to encourage the production of collagen, which results in firmer skin.
HIFU uses focused ultrasound energy to target the layers of skin just below the surface. The ultrasound energy causes the tissue to heat up rapidly.
Once the cells in the targeted area reach a certain temperature, they experience cellular damage. While this may seem counterintuitive, the damage actually stimulates the cells to produce more collagen — a protein that provides structure to the skin.
The increase in collagen results in tighter, firmer skin with fewer wrinkles. Since the high-frequency ultrasound beams are focused on a specific tissue site below the skin’s surface, there’s no damage to the upper layers of the skin and adjacent issue.
HIFU may not be appropriate for everyone. In general, the procedure works best on people older than 30 with mild-to-moderate skin laxity.
Thermage is a radiofrequency cosmetic procedure that helps to smooth and improve skin by targeting deteriorated collagen deep in the dermis(the cause of deep wrinkles, sagging, and enlarged pores) tightening existing collagen and stimulating the production of new collagen to accelerate its removal by body’s own natural processes.
Fibroblast cells are also targeted throughout the dermis, stimulating production of amplified quantities of new collagen (the kind you had when you were young) that is healthy, firm, and toned. This treatment removes wrinkles from the inside out. Wrinkles will actually lighten, lift, and disappear, and pores will shrink.
With each successive treatment, the effects on fibroblasts are cumulative, resulting in progressively greater amounts of collagen production lasting longer periods of time. Week by week, for nearly a year after a non-surgical facelift, you’ll look progressively better as your skin becomes more porcelain-like. It is used to treat fine line and wrinkles as well as dimpled skin and cellulite. It also lifts the brows, cheeks, and jawline.